Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A letter to myself....

My aunt was clearing out her email inbox and came across this email that I sent to her on March 28, 2005. I couldn't believe I had written it 5 years ago, it felt like it spoke directly to my current situation.

Last night, before I went to bed I was reminded of something.... God doesn't owe me anything. Sometimes I get this entitled attitude. I start thinking that because I have chosen to follow Christ, He should give me all the things I want in my life. But the truth is, God doesn't owe me anything. In fact, I owe Him everything for the sacrifice He made for me, and there is a freedom in knowing that I could never DO enough to earn that salvation. But what I CAN do is let go and trust God with each day. Some days, that is easier said than done.

1 comment: