Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I dit it, I did it, I dit it, hey hey!

I gave myself the injection of FSH on Friday, and guess what... It was no big deal! The needle was tiny and didn't hurt at all going in. I decided to inject it into my thigh by the way. I was mostly worried about the burning when it went in, but I didn't feel the tiniest tinge of any burning. I don't know if it was the adrenaline that made it painless or the difference of injecting into the thigh vs. the arm like the nurses usually do. I think I would actually prefer doing it myself in my thigh, because it has hurt a lot worse when the nurses administered it. The only problem was once I put the needle in, my hand was shaking so bad from the adrenaline, that it took me awhile to push the medication in. Anyway, I did it, Yay!

I had an ultra sound on Monday (Day 12) and had one 24-25 mm follicle on my right ovary, and no dominant follicles on the left ovary. So, that is good, since I only have a fallopian tube on my right side. It is interesting that with Fe.mara I have only produced one follicle, where with Clo.mid I produced at least 2 mature follicles. I guess its a good thing, to have no risk of multiples. The nurse gave me the HCG injection right after the ultra sound, so I should be ovulating right about now.

I am feeling hopeful about this cycle.  The hubby and I have had lots of time together, and I think our timing has been perfect this month.  Not that timing has made any difference in the previous months. AND, ultimately God can use the best or the worst timing to create a miracle. I am hoping that this cycle will end with a BFP, but I am also looking forward to meeting with a new doctor/RE next month. I am so ready for a new perspective and hopefully getting some real answers. But, if I didn't have to see a new doctor, I wouldn't be upset.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment