Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's time to be a big girl

Well my cycle started later then I expected, on the 16th, which will allow me to have my Day 12 monitoring ultra sound on the 27th.  During my ultra sound on Day 1, it showed that I ovulated on my right side, which is the side with the fallopian tube in tact. That was a little discouraging that I once again ovulated and didn't conceive.  So, I took Femara on Days 3-7 again, and .......Dum, dum dum, I have to give myself the FSH injection myself on Day 9, which is on Christmas Eve.  I know people do it all the time, and it's only a tiny little needle.  I am not looking forward to it, but I think I can do it.  I met with the nurse yesterday so she could show me how to mix the medication and give myself the shot. She said I could give it to myself in my thigh or my abdomen. To me it seems easier to do it in my belly because I have more fat there, but the nurse said that some people find it easier in the thigh, because it can be difficult to push the needle into soft tissue in the belly. So, I guess I am going to try the thigh... I think. The only thing that worried me was she said that if after I give myself one shot (I have to give myself 2) if I can't give myself the 2nd one then I can go to the ER to have them give me the injection.  I know that it burns when it goes in, I'm prepared for that, but I don't know how I will do pushing that burning medication into myself. I guess I have to put on my big girl pants and just get it done.   

No comments:

Post a Comment