Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Plan & a Psalm

The title of my post is sort of comical, since nothing seems to ever go as planned.  Maybe it should be re-named: The Plan as I Know It today.

In my last post, I wrote about the fact that my husband feels strongly that he does not want to do IUI again, but doesn't have any problems with using fertility meds.  So we decided that we would do a medicated cycle, basically the same as an IUI cycle, but without the Dr. assisted insemination. 

During my previous IUI cycle, I used clomid on days 3-7, a folicle stimulating injection on day 8 and then HCG injection when the follicles were mature.  But, I have read that clomid can reduce cervical mucous, which could cause problems if we aren't doing IUI.  So, I scheduled an appt. with my Dr. to see if he can prescribe a different medication, possibly femara.  The only problem is the soonest I can get into see my Dr. is Sept. 20th.  I was hoping to see him in time to start meds on my next cycle.  Day 1 would be Sept. 15th if I have a 28 day cycle.  I had a 32 day cycle last month and a 28 day cycle the month before.  So, I am praying for an extra long cycle this month. 

I had been having acupuncture and taking an herbal supplement during the past few cycles.  But, I think I am going to pass on the acupuncture this month.  It's not that I don't think it is helpful, I just am ready for a break this month.  I think I will continue the herbal supplement though. 

Last night I read this in Psalm 77:
   
"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.  Your ways , O God, are holy.
What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples."
Psalm 77:11-14.

Lately I have been so consumed with my desire to be a mom, and my heart break in losing my babies, that I forget that God is so much bigger than all of this.  What god is so great as our God? He performs miracles and displays power among the peoples! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment