Tuesday, September 14, 2010

His burden is light

I have had so many thoughts rolling around in my head lately, but haven't quite known how to put them into words. 

I had a breakthrough a couple weeks ago.  I was at home alone doing dishes of all things and I was overcome with sadness and worry.  I don't know what set me off, but I let my mind go down the path of sadness, self-pity and fear.  With soad suds on my hands, I cried out to my heavenly father.  I finally let go and gave my burden to the only One who can truly give peace. I told God I can't do this anymore. It's too much. I can't carry this burden any longer.  God is so faithful. I truly felt peace and a huge weight lifted.  I have continued to feel this peace. When feelings of sadness start to creep back in, I give it over to God.  I don't know why it took me so long to finally fall on my knees. Why did I have to try for so many months to do it on my own? Asking God to take my burden is so simple, and yet, it is so hard sometimes. 

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie,
    Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog and for following along with our story. Your words and your support mean a lot to me.

    I know this road you're on is not easy. Praying that the Lord will continue to give you peace as you trust in Him!

    ReplyDelete