Monday, January 10, 2011

Words of Encouragement

My mom called me this weekend and shared a Bible verse that she studied this week and made her think of R and I. The verse is Isaiah 30:18: "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!"

The Bible study said that the word longs is the same word for wait. While we are waiting, God is waiting along side us. He is with us in the waiting and in our longing. My mom said that she and my dad are also waiting and longing along side us. 

Cue tears. Wow, that really touched my heart.

I also got a card from my sister-in-law today. She included the Bible verse, Romans 12:15: "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep."
She wrote to tell me that she knows this is about the time our baby was due and she is mourning the loss with us once again.
She went on to say, "I only hope that you will find some comfort in knowing that your little one's life, no matter how short, was precious to all of us. Your babe has not been forgotten nor have your and R's heartache."

I can't tell you how much it means to have loved ones who walk through these hard days with us, and to know a God that loves us enough to send these words of encouragement when we need them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so touching! How wonderful to have such supportive family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I will be lifting you in prayer as you navigate this tough week (HUG)

    ReplyDelete