Thursday, June 9, 2011

25 Weeks and Weird Dreams

The first dream was on Monday night. I had one short dream that there were big spiders in my bed, and I was trying to kill them all. I think I forced myself awake from that dream. When I went back to sleep I had a stressful nursing dream. I dreamt that I just came home from the hospital and I was trying to nurse my baby. As soon as she would latch on and I felt like we were figuring it out, I would get interrupted. People kept stopping by the house and interrupting me each time I would get settled again and start nursing. At one point, my nieces and nephews were crawling on my while I was trying to nurse, and I just kept trying to find a private place to nurse again. Weird! I have no idea what brought on that dream.


Then, last night I had such a bizarre dream about giving birth, but this one wasn’t stressful. I dreamt that I had just given birth to my baby. She was bundled up in a blanket and laying on a table, while I was laying in bed trying to remember giving birth to her. All I could remember were these little snippets or flashes of the birth. From what I could remember, it wasn’t painful at all. And right after the birth, I didn’t feel pain or soreness or anything. My mom came in the hospital room and went to pick up my baby, and I realized I hadn’t even held her myself yet, so I asked her to bring her to me so I could hold her. Then I watched a video of the labor to see what had happened, since I couldn’t really remember. In the video, my husband and I were in the hospital room with a couple friends of ours (no idea who they are in real life) and we were drinking. I was totally drunk in the video (which is not like me IRL, even when I’m not pregnant) and I had these faux sleeve tattoos on and apparently I was having a great time and not at all concerned with the effects of my drinking on my baby. The drunk part explains the pain free birth and not being able to remember it. So, strange!

Another weird part about these dreams is that even though my baby is in the dreams, I’m not really paying much attention to her. I don’t remember really looking at her and seeing what she looks like in either of the dreams, which is kind of a bummer. After the nursing dream, I vaguely remembered seeing my baby’s face and thinking she was pretty, but I don’t remember any of the detail of her face.

So here is my 25 week belly picture, actually taken at 25 weeks 1 day. I didn’t think I would be taking any bare belly pictures. Not because it bothers me when other people do it, but because I didn’t think it would be very cute. I have to say, I think my belly is pretty cute right now. So, I figured I better take advantage of this stage in the pregnancy, before it’s not so cute and has stretch marks.







The only thing different about week 25 is I have been feeling a bit nauseous/queasy again. It definitely isn’t as bad as during the first trimester, but it is affecting my appetite a bit (not that that is a bad thing). I have also had a few nights where I wake up around 2 and then sleep kind of restlessly after that. It’s not that I am all that uncomfortable; I just can’t seem to fall back into a deep sleep. The last two nights have been much better though. I do wake up a couple times, but quickly fall back asleep.

I almost don’t want to write this, for fear that I will jinx myself, but I still don’t get up during the night to go to the bathroom. It is wonderful! But, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of someone this far into their pregnancy that doesn’t have to get up at least once, usually multiple times at night to use the bathroom. My mom says I must be dehydrated and need to drink more water. But, I don’t feel dehydrated, and I often drink a glass of water right before I go to bed. I don’t worry too much about it, mostly I am super thankful to be getting such good sleep still.

No comments:

Post a Comment