Monday, June 6, 2011

24 Weeks

Here I am posting a 24 week update about one week late, but at least the picture is from 24 weeks 2 days.

I am still feeling pretty good, but my belly is starting to feel big and tight, especially at the end of the day. Is it really possible for it to double or triple in size before I have this baby?!

Heartburn set in during week 24. I actually woke up at 2 am with raging heartburn. I couldn't understand why I would all of a sudden have heartburn in the middle of the night. It continued off and on the next day, but it has been really minor and short-lived ever since then. I can't figure out anything out of the ordinary that I ate to cause the heartburn, but I figure it is just par for the course at this point in my pregnancy.

I have noticed that I have had less of an appetite over the past couple of weeks, especially in the afternoon and evenings. I'm not sure if it because I have had a cold or just because the baby is crowding my stomach.

Baby girl continues to be a bouncing bean, especially early in the morning. I love feeling her move in the mornings and during the day at work.

I went to some yard sales on Saturday and hit the jackpot at one. I bought probably 15 pieces of clothing from newborn to 9 months. I found some really cute onesies and outfits that were in great condition. I am excited to be starting my baby girl's wardrobe!

Here are a couple pictures from 24 weeks:





I drove to see my family for Memorial Day weekend. I was so looking forward to seeing my newest baby niece who was just born a month ago. Tuesday before Memorial Day weekend I started getting slight cold symptoms. But it didn't feel like any cold I had ever had, so I thought maybe I am getting seasonal allergies (even though I have never had them before). By Thursday, I knew I officially had a cold. But, it still wasn't bad and I wasn't all that congested. On Friday I got to see my oldest nephew compete in the state track meet. Because I live so far from my family, it is a total treat to get to see my nieces and nephews in their sporting events. It was great!

I also got to see my closest friend from high school. We don't see each other very often and are really bad at keeping in touch, but when we talk or see each other it is as if no time has passed. She is very pregnant with her 4th child; she had less than two weeks left until her c-section. She doesn't know if it's a boy or girl!
Here we are in all of our pregnant glory together:


Isn't she cute?!

I saw my sweet baby niece on Saturday, but becasuse I had a cold, I wore a medical mask and still didn't feel comfortable holding her for very long. She has the sweetest little face. I could just look at her all day while she makes her faces.

Sunday the cold got worse. My mom and dad took care of me and made sure I took lots of vitamins. I also had my first experience with a neti pot. It was.....interesting. I felt bad exposing my grandparents and niece to a cold. I just tried to keep my distance and I wiped down all the door handles and surfaces with lisol before they came over for dinner. As far as I know, no one got sick this week, so that's good.

I can't wait to see my niece again when I am healthy and can really snuggle with her.

Monday, I drove the 9 hours home, which somehow turned into more like 11 hours. I had to stop and do a little shopping while I had the chance. :-) 

The cold has finally started to improve over the past few days. I feel much better and the congestion seems to decrease a little each day.

I have under 4 weeks until I see my husband again. I miss him a lot, but thankfully I have had great friends and family who have been checking in on me and inviting me to do fun things to help pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment